Our customers are the reason the business exists and we always want to make sure we're doing everything we can to bring them credit card products that really work for them.
We believe that matching the right card to the right person is at the heart of responsible lending and we're dedicated to helping customers' succeed with credit.
As part of our vision to make lives better, we've made the following commitments:
To truly meet consumer needs.
We want to make things simple and easy for our customers, giving them products that really work for them. It's why we offer credit cards to suit all needs, from those who want to make bad credit a thing of the past to those who want to earn cashback on their purchases.
Give people what they would expect from us.
We know the banking industry hasn't been as transparent as it should have been in the past, but we want our customers to know exactly what's what with us. We need them to know they can trust and rely on us. We won't charge our customers a fee if they don't use their card for a while, or take away a zero per cent offer on balance transfers or purchases if they miss a payment.
Create lasting relationships with our customers..
Open and honest dialogue is always a good basis for a long-term relationship. We want our customers to know that we deal in straight-talking common sense, not confusing jargon. We make sure we're crystal clear in all our communications, and our mobile app and online account servicing make it easy for customers to manage their finances wherever they are.
Having a Culture of Innovation.
Innovation matters to us and it is something we want to make part of everything we do. These skills are not simply to be brought out for 'best' but part of how people do their work. 250 of our employees have been through specialist innovation training to help them do things differently. Our Innovation Team directly supports projects from insight gathering right through to delivery. We've even used our trained employees to work with one of our community partners to help them find a solution to a real business problem. Just another way we're helping make lives better.
A little about us
- We are a subsidiary of Capital One Financial Corporation in the US, which started as an independent company in 1995, rising quickly to the top of the US credit card industry before starting our first overseas venture here in the UK in 1996.
- In 1997 we opened our UK headquarters in Nottingham. This created around 1,200 jobs in the East Midlands.
- In the US, Capital One Financial Corporation is one of the country,s top ten banks, offering a wide range of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients
How have we made credit cards better?
We've made some innovative changes to the way the credit card market works and how people use their credit cards:
- Launching our Credit Made Clearer section, helping our customers understand credit and the jargon that's out there. It also helps them make the most of their credit card and find support if they're having problems making repayments.
- Making it easier than ever for our customers to manage their credit card account online. Our website is straightforward and easy to use, allowing customers to check their statements, make payments online and much more.
- We've also launched a mobile app so customers can check their balance on the go.
- Using our Information-based Strategy - an award-winning technology - to help us create new ideas, products and ways of doing things that make life better for our customers.