Capital One quotation search (the "service")
1. The Service
- By completing the form and submitting your details you agree to the terms and conditions of the Service
- The Service consists of;
- a check of your credit record and the additional information you have provided, which is used to tell you if you will be accepted or not, solely on a credit basis, using Capital One's own credit scoring methods, and;
- confirmation of our product suggestions where applicable
- The Service will commence when you submit your information, and will continue until
- you become a Capital One customer,
- we discover your information is no longer up to date,
- you tell us you no longer want to use the Service, or
- three years after you submit the data, whichever is the earliest.
- The credit scoring methods used in the Service are only relevant to Capital One as other lenders will use different scoring methods
- The product suggestions do not constitute an offer of credit. We'll tell you if you'll be accepted for a product or not based on the credit scoring methods mentioned above, however should we find certain information on fraud prevention databases or if we cannot verify your identity we may be unable to open your account.
- If you want to stop using the Service, please call us on 03444 812 812 and we will delete your information as soon as reasonably practical.
2. Use and Storage of your Information
- We will use the information you've submitted to fulfill the Service.
- We will retain your name, address, date of birth and email address and store this information securely. We will use this information to help us do research, statistical analysis or formulate credit policies, to carry out system testing and training, and to help prevent crime, fraud or terrorism. We will not use your information for any purpose other than those described in paragraphs 2a above. However, if you do decide to apply for a Capital One credit card, you will be provided with further information about how your information will be used and shared in order to process your application, in the event you become a Capital One customer.
- We will store your information securely and will not keep it for longer than is necessary.
- If, as a result of undertaking quotation searches we discover that the information we hold about you has become inaccurate we will destroy it and our provision of the Service to you will immediately end.
- We may monitor or record telephone calls for security and staff training purposes
3. Sharing your Information
When you use the Service we will check the following records about you:
- our own,
- those at credit reference agencies (CRAs).
- those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing your details to determine whether it is acceptable for us to extend credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering.
CRAs link your records together if you have a spouse or financial associate. These links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
A record of the search will be recorded on your credit report in the name of Capital One (Europe) PLC but will not be seen by other lenders and will not affect your credit rating.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention, and it could prevent us from opening your account.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by FPAs.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414 or log on to call credit opens in a new window
- Equifax Ltd, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester LE3 4FS or call 0333 321 4043 or log on to equifax opens in a new window
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0344 4818000 or log on to experian opens in a new window
4. Your Rights
- You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you ask us in writing. You will have to pay a fee for this.
Calls may be recorded/monitored for training purposes.