What we're going to need
In order to deal with your complaint, we’re going to need a few things from you. Best if you have these at the ready before you start.
- Name and Address
- Account details
- A description of your complaint and how it affected you
- When it happened
- The best time and number to contact you between the hours of 8am-7pm Monday to Friday
- If your complaint is regarding PPI please see the dedicated PPI Complaints page.
Please select your preferred option
Make a complaint online
Resolver is a totally free tool that connects consumers directly to the people that can resolve their complaint.
By following this link you will be redirected to their site to generate your online complaint email. You can make changes and attach any documents to support your complaint.
Important – Resolver is an independent service provider that does not act on behalf of Capital One. Capital One has no control over and takes no responsibility for the content that appears on websites linked to our site that are owned by Resolver or its affiliates
Write to us instead
Write to us
If you'd like to raise your concerns via post, please write to us at:
PO Box 5281
Make a complaint online instead
What we do next
Our team will take the information you supply and record it on our system. We'll acknowledge your concerns and make time to contact you to try and resolve it quickly and easily. Where it's more complex, we'll acknowledge your complaint and investigate it fully, keeping you informed.
If you've made a complaint, we'll do our best to resolve it as soon as you contact us. However, some complaints are more complex than others and may need a specialist team to look into them further, so please bear with us. We're committed to reviewing your complaint thoroughly to ensure we reach the right conclusion.
If we cannot resolve your complaint within the first few days, we will contact you promptly to let you know we’ve received it. What happens next will depend on what your complaint is about:
- If your complaint is about a payment or a transaction, we will try and provide our final response within 15 days. If it is going to take us longer than that, we will tell you.
- If your complaint is about something else, for example if it is about PPI, we will still do our best to reply as soon as we can, but it may take up to 8 weeks to provide our final response.